It’s autumn, the wheater is getting colder and colder and it’s time for movie nights. Today, I would like to offer you a selection of movies about some of the Great Masters of the Haute Couture. I am not so much into fashion, but the creative world behind the podiums has always impressed me. For me, the fashion is more than clothes – it’s about art, history, colourful vision, hard work, precision and great dedication.
- Yves Saint Laurent (2014) – the first place is for the absolute genius of the fashion world. The designer which ”The Mondrian” dress represents an entire chapter in the fashion history. The creator who lives in Paris and Marrakech and recreates the colours of both cities in his collections. I highly recommend to watch the movie and if you have time and you want to know more about Yves Saint Laurent, read his autobiography written by Laurence Benaïm.
- The second place is for the woman who no one could resist – Gabrielle Chanel. ”Coco before Chanel 2009” traces the hardships of this strong and brilliant woman who started to wear men trousers and invented the iconic blazer named after her. Coco Chanel – an intimate life by Lisa Chaney is an absolute reading
- Valentino: The Last Emperor (2008) is about the great Valentino. The Italian charm of the couturier will conquer you, I am sure! Watch it out, you won’t regret it!
- Dior and I (2014) – this one is not about the man who created the fashion house Dior, but about the life of the Parisian fashion house after Monsieur Dior. It’s more about the contribution of Raf Simons who joined the house in 2012. This is a movie that will make you realize what a hard work, inspiration and dedication are required to create a collection.
- And the last one is about the extravagant German who lives in Paris and works for Maison Chanel. Lagerfeld Confidential (2007) is about the icon designer Karl Lagerfeld who opens the doors of his home, studio and talks openly about his life, his family, his work and his beliefs. A sincere movie about a great man.
I hope you’ll enjoy watching these movies! Share if you care!
Thanks for reading!