How to make khachapuri
Khachapuri is a Georgian bread made of dough and filled in with cheese. It’s a dish Georgians are very proud of and it’s a symbol of their culinary traditions. Tne word khachapuri (хачапури) is composed of two separate words ”khacho” – means cheese and ”puri” – bread.
If you are up to make your own bread and want to try something new and delicious, check this recipe out:
Ingredients for the dough:
- 300 gr. of flour
- 250 ml of yogurt
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
Ingredients for the filling:
- 250 gr. of feta/ Bulgarian white cheese
- 250 gr. of Mozzarella
- 250 gr. of Emmental/ Bulgarian cheese ”Kashkaval”
- 50 gr. of dill
- 50 gr. of butter
- Mix up the youghurt, the salt and the baking soda in a bowl.
- Add the flour and make an easy to work dough. Leave it to rest for 15 min.
- Start preparing the cheese filling. Grate all the cheeses together, add the dill and a little bit of melted butter. Make a cheesy filling.
- When the dough is ready, cut it into 4 pieces. Roll the dough into a round shape and fill it in with the cheesy filling. Fold the dough around to cover the cheese. Even it out with a rolling pill.
- Fry the bread on both sides in a pan and brush it with melted butter.
- Eat them while still hot.
Thanks for reading!