Christmas is in the air…
Having Christmas holidays is the perfect time to relax, eat well and enjoy the cosiness of home. Here is my recipe for a perfect Christmas hygge at home that you can practice doing all kind of Christmas stuff.
Make a DIY Christmas tree
First, my husband made a handmade minimalist Christmas tree. Why not after all? Thus, this can be a very creative family activity! Create. Make it happen. Have fun!
Bake Kanelbullar – Swedish Christmas cinnamon rolls
Next, we baked Kanelbullar – Swedish Christmas cinnamon rolls. Seems like, this is the perfect dessert/ breakfast during Christmas time.
1 tsp. saffron
175 ml of milk
1 cube of fresh yeast/ or whatever yeast you can find on the market
1 teacup sugar
55 g butter
1/4 teacup sour cream
500 g white flour
pinch of salt
200 g raisins
1 egg for glazing
- Pour the saffron in a large bowl, warm the milk and mix them well together with a metal stirrer. Add the yeast, the sugar and the cinnamon. Carefully dissolve the yeast in the milk and leave the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Put the flour in another bowl and add the salt. Make a well and break the eggs inside. Add the cream, the melted butter, and the milk mixture.
- Mix very well with a wooden spoon and add more flour (if needed) and knead until it becomes a soft and non-sticky dough. Leave it to rise for 2 hours in a warm place or until the dough doubles its volume.
- Soak the raisins in warm water.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a floured countertop. Make a softball of it adding flour (if necessary). Add the drained raisins and the nutmeg.
- Divide the dough into 11-12 parts. Form a wick about 30-35 cm long from each piece and then roll it in a spiral, placing a raisin in the middle. Transfer the rolls to a baking sheet and leave them for another 30 minutes to rise again.
- Brush the buns with the last egg, sprinkle with sugar and place them in a preheated at 180 degrees oven for 30 minutes.
Prepare homemade GlÃ¼hwein
No need to visit Germany to warm up with a fruity Gluhwein after a cold day. It’s so easy to make it at home and so warm and delicious. J’adoreâ€¦
Ingredients (for 4 people):
1 (750-ml) bottle red wine
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
20 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole star anise
Rum or amaretto, for serving (optional)
Combine the ingredients all together in a large saucepan and warm the mixture in a medium heat without boiling. Leave the mixture simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Et voilÃ !
P.S. One bottle is enough for 4 people. For more, add more wine and double the rest!
Exchange Christmas presents
Finally, this year I got the best Christmas present ever!!! A Wallpaper World map (160×100)! Just amazing! Something to remind me to never stop dreaming! How did you spend your Christmas? Was it fun-full-house-plenty-of-food-and-presents?
Do you enjoy doing all kind of Christmas stuff at home ?
Thanks for reading!